About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Took it all for granted

The last few months have disappeared
I wonder where all that time had went
How it had gone by so quickly,
The time spent with her
Was possibly one of the best times in my life
That had gone too fast,
I never thought that I'd have to live without her
To ache every day just for a single hug
To wake up beside her beautiful face
I've tried to slow down,
Tried not to take her for granted
But it's too late
She's gone
Now all that's left is me sitting here
Reminiscing day and night
Wishing that I could see her smile
Hear her say she loves me
And to smell that cologne I had bought for her
Just to feel her wanting to hold me just a little while longer
I didn't think that memories of her would break me
Thinking of her would bring me down
All the happy times are just left wishing to go back into time
All that's left for me to do is to watch her be happy
To let her go on with her life,
Someday mine will begin again
But right now my world has been put on pause
Time goes by so slowly
Just when I wish it had been slower while I was with her
Some day, some how everything will be alright
Maybe I won't have to live without her,
Maybe I do have to but somehow it will be okay
I will eventually move on, I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment