About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Giving in

I'll tell myself to forget
To move on and pretend
Walk past without a second glance
Pretend you didn't exist,
That I'm invisible
Pretend that I don't care at all
That it's no big deal and that I'm okay
Hide myself when it all hits me
And realize that it's all true
Living a lie and running from the truth
Telling myself that I don't love you
Knowing that later it will tear me apart
Walk past you and give you that second glance
A single look in your eyes
And I give in,
Giving into my heart and allowing emotions wash over me
Heart pounding and tears bleed
I could tell myself that I don't love you all I want
But my heart knows that it's not the truth
I love you and one look is all it takes
Say the word and I'm all yours
I'm giving in
Knees weak and bound to buckle
Falling to the ground
I give in to you,
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment