About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Crying over the truth or smiling over a lie?

Which is better?
Crying over the truth,
Or smiling over a lie?
Knowing that the truth hurts but someday you will heal
But the longer a lie goes, the longer it will take to get over it
Though, I've always wondered
What if the truth was so bad, that you'd never recover?
Your heart gets broken and your whole perspective on life changes
You go from being you to someone who is broken,
Empty and full of sadness
Smiling over a lie has its perks,
You don't shed a tear
You believe you are truly happy,
But is it worth it?
Living a lie?
It could destroy you
What if crying over the truth never ends?
The pain of knowing just continues
So you tell me,
Which is better,
Crying over the truth or smiling over a lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment