About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Love: is it a lie?

My best friend said "love" is never a bad thing. It cannot hurt you. I had said that love is a lie. Is it the truth? She said love cannot hurt you. That it's the love ones who do. The truth tend to hurt. Fear, rejection and losing someone all hurts. But love is what holds you together. Love is just that, it's love. It heals all wounds and pains inflicted by others. Love makes us feel good again. But we sometimes confuse love with lust. Is love really out there? Or is it just the infatuation of having someone there to say they adore you, that they care about you. How is it truly love if someone cares about you and say they want to be with you until they find something new and better. I wish I didn't have to question love, but what is there if people always leave? Are we better off not loving certain people to avoid pain and heartbreak? Granted, there are different kinds of love. For example, the love of a child, of a parent, or the love of an animal or of a friend. But in the end, they could all leave. People change, people grow and then they walk away. So, how can "love" not hurt? Have you ever felt so much heartache just from loving someone? Hurting because they are or because they're not there at the moment? Call it need and desire if you want but I do believe that love does hurt. Love can be a lie. Though, love can be such an amazing thing at times, it can also be the worst thing for someone. It can either build you or destroy you. It just all depends on people and on yourself; on who you are and who you choose to love. So, the answer to my question "is love a lie?" is yes. Love can be a lie, but love can also be the truth; it just depends how and where you interpret it.

2 comments: