About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The road not yet taken

Thoughts and words idle by
Dreams of such wonder get shoved into a box,
Thrown into the drawer and locked away
Obsessing about the what if's
Taking this path instead of the other
Choosing something you know
Instead of experiencing the unknown
Things get missed out and lost upon
Sometimes stepping out of the safety box
Gets you to somewhere absolutely amazing
Or it takes you to pure hell
Either way, the unknown gives you experiences
Wondering if I should unlock my dreams
Go explore them even when it may bring me down
I can't leave it as the road not yet taken,
The desire of going and wanting to experience
Burns inside of me
It's time to step out of my safety box
To explore and be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment