About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Shots

Just another heart-
I'm just some girl to you
Another heart to break,
With nothing left to take
You're broken but so am I
Were nothing but a pair of lies
I fight until there's nothing left
Just a flame that's been blown out
I breathe and you breathe out
I cry til I'm unable to make a sound
You go on as if nothing exists
I run out of words, I bleed out
You're burning and so am I
But I'm fading in and out
As you're straying from the truth
There is no you and I
No more plays, no more smiles
No more shots in this game we call life
You're used up and I'm bleeding out
You're cold but I might as well be dead
How could you leave as easily as you did,
Without a word, without a care
I'm meant to walk this world alone,
You're meant to break many hearts-
As mine is just another heart to break
Now you know, there's nothing left to take.
My final shot isn't for you, its always been me;
Take as many shots in life as you can,
but save the last for yourself when the world gets unbearable.
I've never been yours to take,
Just yours to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment