About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

One foot in front of the other

So confused, so lost
Where's my yellow brick road?
The path that's not yet taken has left its treacherous mark-
Beckoning me to stamp its' greens
Take risks, what do you have to lose?
Throw whatever you've got,
I'll continue to walk; one foot in front of the other- repeat
You can tear me down,
But I'll make my way back
Where's my city of color?
Paint the town with my tears
I've got myself- tell me it'll be okay
I'll continue to fight even when things look so blight
One foot in front of the other,
I'll make my way down the yellow brick road
Be my wicked witch of the west,
You'll never get the best
Be my courageous lion,
You'll get the best of the best
Be my tin man,
You'll get my love
Be my scarecrow,
You'll get my intellect
Nevertheless, I'll get myself
One foot in front of the other,
I'll find my way down the yellow brick road,
With or without you-
I'll find myself,
But I really wish-
That you'll be the one at the end of the road,
One foot in front of the other,
Follow the yellow brick road of the path not yet taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment