About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Moment that was a Lifetime

I stood outside, leaning against the wall
The wind harsh against my skin
He walked past.
Momentarily- I gasped-
Weeks of heartache dug at me
Pulled me back under the sea of despair
He didn't even glance my way.
Didn't notice; I'm invisible
I closed my eyes; ready to cry
But the tears never came.
The moment passed
I wanted it (love)
I needed it (him)
"It won't ever happen again" I mouthed
How do you open yourself to a possibility that doesn't exist?
Does he care? I don't think so.
His eyes once shown that he cared
His smiles melted my heart- I always went weak
I always went more than half way
But... He never came.
He could try to care
But he'll run-they always do
My fingers tingled-
Empty spaces: of which should be filled with his
The physical pains of heartbreak is so real,
I could hardly breathe.
I missed him- I MISS him...
From his smiles to his eyes and the way he smelled,
His kisses took me so deeply-
That when they ended, I was ripped from my blissed out world.
Why not me? Why not us?
I looked up,
There he stood,
He smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment