About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Half-way

So awake, so alone
I walk this broken road
Not once but twice before
Everything's a distant memory-
Your kisses, the touch of your hand
We were once so alive
What made it all go so wrong
Love pulls at every turn
I keep walking away
Only because you never meet me half-way
I still don't understand
Why you even left in the first place
You never really said goodbye
You're so afraid to even come so close
To smile or to fall in love
The tension between us never fades
To slip back would be so amazing
But can I trust you
Would I fall so hard
And end up so broken
I'm so scared, so scared of you, of us
Have we ever really been in love,
Is there such thing as forever
People fall in and out so easily
How do I know this is a chance worth fighting for,
Is this a risk I should take
It wouldn't take so much for me to break
So confused and so much pain
I can only dare to dream-
What if you wanted me too..
Meet me half-way...

No comments:

Post a Comment