About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Why Can't she be me?

If I could, I'd put us on rerun-
at least for tonight.
Just carry on..
I fake a smile as a tear run down my face
Thoughts of you not being mine-
secretly kills me deep inside, eventually will take its toll.
Why can't she be me?
I'd waste forever
as long as it meant I'd get to see that smile
But I can't take this much longer,
I thought we were stronger
If you're thinking we're gonna be alright,
I'll tell you that you're wrong.
Don't have to pretend,
We both know it's been over.
You're not in love anymore,
Why can't she be me?
I know you know that this is the truth,
I'm not enough anymore.
Not since she walked in.
I'm not the one you really want,
not the one you dream and cry for.
You don't have to pretend,
Don't have to call
This is the end.
You're not sorry cause if you were-
I'd be the one you're crying for, not because what we had is over.
She's the tears you wish you could erase,
not mine.
Why can't she be me?
Just put us on rerun because I don't want this to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment