About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Final Good bye

One by one, each tear roll down
as each second goes by,
the clock ticks down to the final good bye.
I realize I’ve lost my best friend.
The one person I tell my deepest secrets to,
And all my heart aches,
has accidently fallen for me.
One who has already been torn apart and broken again
I fell down and you were there to pick me up.
Saying things will get better in time.
Now, you’ve gone away.
My heart reels for those words
I understand that it was for the best,
But it hurts more than words can say.
Tell me, we will be ok.
Hold on tight and don’t ever let go.
Even though I know you will let go-
you already have.
Out of every hurt I’ve been through and still..
I hurt myself more than you ever could.
I promised myself that I wouldn’t hurt you.
I lost my best friend,
all because I couldn’t choose.
The only one who understood me the most
Is unable to reach out.
and it’s tearing me up inside
I can’t lose you... not now, not yet.
I need you. But I have to let go-
You need me to.
I’m letting go, unable to breathe
Unable to think, unable to move.
Except I know all this is for the best-
For you.
This isn’t what we want
But just so you know,
I’m not fully letting go.
I can’t, No... I won’t
I’ll let us go away for a little while
Just long enough so we will be okay-
So you will be okay.
But promise me this, you’ll never forget
As soon as you’re ready,
Please come back.
I’m already in pieces.
But the main thing is
You can’t hurt anymore.
So this is my final good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment