About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Was that the last of them all?

I'm lying here wide awake,
Contemplating on what previously happened,
I wonder if you regretted that kiss.
Although you say you have no regrets,
It still makes me wonder-
Was that the last of them all?
If I could have held you forever,
It still wouldn't have been long enough.
I would have stood there until my legs gave out,
as long as I hear your laughter.
See your eyes dance while they search my face,
Every thought, every second that passed by,
Everything was all right with our worlds again.
I could have stayed in that moment forever,
I'd gladly give up anything as long as we were okay.
But I still wonder-
was that the last of them all?
My fingers touch my lips each time I think,
Tears shed from the very thought.
I'd give anything to have this moment with you again.
To live, to love-
To be yours;
Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment