About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Hourglass

Watch minutes turn into hours,
and hours into days then into weeks.
Time goes by wasted
Every last breath taken
was merely a mistake upon my part.
Every thought, every word spoken
meant more than what was said.
Never fully there- always from a distant
Trying to reach but nothing is there.
Deep into my essence-
happiness shows, but darkness grows
Nothing to hold onto; not even your hand
Drowning in the flames of misery,
Burning in the pool of your being
Hiding every thought, every mistake
Trying to understand; just why...
Shuddering chests, wheezing breaths
Behind every smile is a bleeding tear
Cracked hearts never mend,
Broken is what I'll always be

No comments:

Post a Comment