About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dreamless

I'm terrified to close my eyes,
To listen to my deathly fears
Afraid that it will all come true.
I miss the days where reality overtook my dreams.
Those days where reality was even better.
Perhaps dreams are more than just restoring the body.
To decipher feelings and wants,
To solve problems.
But some can be conflicting,
Murderous to the soul.
To watch these fears come alive-
is scary but to watch them come alive in reality is even scarier.
The nights, I beg to be dreamless.
It makes some of the days bearable,
To even get out of bed.
Reality is hard as it is,
I don't want to see it my dreams,
It's hard enough to see it while I'm awake.
Reliving it night after night-
tears me apart,
Each day, the strength to go on weakens,
At night, I beg to be dreamless.
So I don't have to relive my fears,
So I don't have to awake to pure hell.
To be able to let my guard down; to let others in,
And so, at night I beg to be dreamless.

No comments:

Post a Comment