About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Crash

Night time driving
With the best friend I could ever have
Music blasting,
Singing along to the lyrics
As loudly as we can
Never thinking anything could be
Better than this
A second's all it takes
To rip that all away
Bright lights,
Speeding cars
Skidding in circles
Smashing into my sides
Glass shattering
Head on steering wheel,
My best friend
Sits broken
Screaming comes,
People freak out
Familiar red lights approach
Sirens are getting a bit too loud for my taste
Opening eyes, as they pull her out
I try to move, but it all hurts
Attempt to scream and cry
But it all goes numb
Looking at the scene,
Stretcher rolls on by,
Zipped up body bags
They said she didn't have a chance
Gasping, saying her name
Not a sound was heard
Rain begin to pound,
Standing in the middle of the street,
Feeling empty as empty can be
Screaming of my name echoes behind me
I turn;
I see the back of my brother
Hunching over someone laying on the pavement
Crying and holding on tight
Begging her to wake up
Paramedics come,
Tells him it's time to let her go
She's already gone
He won't let go
Put my hand on his shoulder,
Telling him it's all gonna be okay
I'm okay now
Tears are shedding
As they pull him away
Heart torn into two,
I love you but I've got to go
They zipped the final bag,
Red lights and sirens fade into the distance,
Messy scene ended
Left all strewn around,
And Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment