About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Favorite mistake; another regret

Unwanted, unbearable
Undefined, unknown

Knowing the truth
Holding back with everything I've got
She loves me, not
Love is too complex

Full of pent up anger
Wanting to say what's on my mind
Wishing I could rewind
Step up and do what I really want

I had the chance but I let the moment go
Could have given myself my favorite mistake
And your biggest regret
In truth, we both know

Repressing love is like pent up anger
Holding back when it's bound to burst
Fell in love headfirst
Leaving myself to be completely broken

My biggest regret
Not taking the moment
To show you how much I really miss you
You're impossible to forget

Wanting to thrash out
Get drunk and forget everything there is
To be unable to feel
Now I'm full of doubt and without
Wishing that I had kissed you

But I held back
Sobriety is easier when I'm either happy or hurting
Because for once I felt something even if it was a crack
My heart already shattered each little piece there is
Felt apathetic for far too long
So empty and so bleak

I crave pain just to feel
All I want is to feel you again even through heartbreak
Never ending and never yours
Maybe someday I'll wake up and realize
That maybe, just maybe I'll move on
That maybe I will be okay

Maybe you'll be mine again
Because I'm always yours
You're my favorite mistake
Just don't let it be another regret

No comments:

Post a Comment