About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Dream

I trace the messy, uneven lines that scarred my arms
I didn't care
Inside my body screams, fighting against me
Why had I given the last shred of sanity away
I felt nothing but emptiness and longing
Terrified my world will soon fall apart
Feels like you've walked away
The little voice in my head beckons
My feelings morph into something dark
My hand reaches out
Expecting to release some unbearable pain
To scribble some more hate
I feel a hand instead
Not cold, not hard, something real
You are there; holding my wrists
I break, I fall apart
I cry for what seems like hours but only minutes
Reality sets in
You're not really here...
But you saved me anyways
Everything hits hard against the wall I've put up
Depression seeps through
But I'll fight, we'll fight
You're my everything,
I'm never letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment