About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Tough boys don't cry

When I said goodbye, you couldn't even look me in the eye
I looked back, you walked away without second thought
Sometimes I wonder, if you even cared
Now that I'm gone, are you still standing?
Sometimes I wonder, tough boy gonna cry?
When I said I love you, you brushed me off
If I stayed close, would you come around?
Would you care if I disappeared?
One look, two times shy-
Look at you: running away because this got real
Is everything you said it would be?
Tough boys don't cry, you're down on your knees
You're chasing me, I'm already gone
All the 'i-love-you's: you're the one screaming them now
Bet you wonder, did I even care?
Would I wonder if you disappeared?
You're where you should have been, but I'm where you were
Sometimes I wonder, tough boy gonna cry?
This isn't fair; it's all fair in love and war
What you want isn't what you always get
Tough boys don't cry

No comments:

Post a Comment