About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Opposites attract

I'm slipping
Fighting to breathe in your world
Every where I step, I'm tripping
With a hard grip on reality; my fingers curled

The bar you've set for me, too high to reach
My fingers stretched, straining off my toes
I find myself tied to a leash
Within everything, my feelings are all exposed

I wish everything was simple
Falling in love is easy
Trust is what makes me falter
Love isn't ever enough

I haven't found my path,
You ask what the hell happened to me
How I've grown to be so cold
I'll tell you to look into the mirror

When you're around,
I can hardly breathe
I'm bound to break down
I fall onto my knees

Heart racing, palms scratched
Gasping for air, every binding broken
I can barely breathe
I find myself becoming more and more attached
The words begin to go unspoken
I'm coming undone...

You've been my light
I've been your darkness
You've been the sun
I've been the shadow

Opposites attract,
Fire versus ice
Hot versus cold
Light versus dark
Love versus lust
You versus me

I've found myself falling in love,
You're my light as I am your darkness-
Together, we are bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment