About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tempo

I sit here trying to capture the moment passed
I grasp onto any excuse I can
To keep you in my head
Every thought I have
I should push out but I cannot let go
Every time that we talk
My heart dance to a beat of its own
Every little thing disappears
The tempo increases just for a moment
The skies turn blue and I'm finally capable of breathing
The air- never sweeter, is delicious with you around
But I run out of time and it's hard to get through
I want to tell you the truth,
The truth about what you mean to me
It's all behind closed doors
Waiting to be all yours
Flat-lining until you resuscitate me
From my heart to yours,
The tempo shall increase when you're around
Spiking every so often as long as we talk
My heart survives because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment