About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wonder

I am captivated
Stuck in this bodily shell
Several attempts to free myself
No one knows;

No one asks
Silent cries escape my lips
Will the world ever be lifted-
Off my shoulders

I walk as if nothing's wrong
Throw you off when truth comes out
You wonder why you never noticed
Why I never say the words

Nobody hears me speak
I hang back where there are crowds
I pretend I'm there
But I'm off dreaming

I feel disconnected
Told how to feel or act one way
I must try
But why?

I look at my body
I see all my flaws
Mirroring my every movement,
My eyes tell my worst pain

I'm here but I'm invisible
To myself
My heart knows love
I fight to keep every love I have

Love triumps pain

No comments:

Post a Comment