About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

June 14th 2018

On the day you were born

Butterflies all around
Along with your kicks and rolls;
Mama hugged her round belly
Terrified but absolutely excited-
It wouldn't be long until we met
Daddy all gowned up and ready;
With his nerves shot-
But he held on strong for Mama
We walked into the room;
That you would soon be here
Mama cried on table-
While Daddy held on and soothed
The doctors draped up;
And soon had mama rocking
Within seconds...
Here you were!
The biggest and sweetest cry;
That we ever heard
Daddy and Mama instantly cried
They whisked you away-
To check you out
Perfect; you were,
They brought you back to us
We both fell in love with you-
And with each other even more
You amazed us in every way;
Tiniest little babe in Mama's arms
Wrapped your finger around Daddy's
With you; our family grew bigger
You are forever our baby-
We love you for always
On the day you were born.


June 14th 2018
5lbs 11 oz
17 3/4" long
Benjamin Jason James Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment