About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Show your colors

And it's on tonight-
The pen's running out
It's time to turn the page
The light's dimming low
Your drinks' almost out
It's time to come out-
Stop your hiding now
Let the world know;
Just who you are
Don't be shy, just take my hand
We'll face this together
 Pick up the pieces,
Show them you can do this;
You're stronger than they are
All you have to do is breathe-
Don't let them see; all your fears
Wipe away your tears,
Put on your best dress, fake your biggest smile
You can do this
Don't let anybody tell you; who you are
Let them think what they want to think
Sing your song, the world will cry-
Cry your song tonight
Show them who you are-
You're the best person you'll ever be
Don't be afraid,
Just breathe and stand proud
Love who you are-
Because you are... simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment