About Me

My photo
I don't have very many dreams or goals that most people have, some that are definitely unreachable, but worth striving for. Every now and then I write a story in my head or pen a poem down. The only way I know how to express myself through words is through my writing.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Barricaded

Barricaded
Stuck like a bird in a cage
Walls incapable of being broken through
Sighs of relief-
My secrets are safe
"Who am I?"- do you even know?
Am I as fragile as you seem to think?
"Tough as nails"- wouldn't you like to know?
Every moment, the weight increases
"Is this real?"- perhaps
Dreams torture me night after night
"How do I escape?"- no end in sight
Constant battle- both sides are losing
Feet directly planted in quicksand
First impressions- make or break
"It's always either love or hate"- why not both?
Head strong, never breaking
Never a moment of weakness- split second
Truth or lies- which is better?
It's now or never, I've let you in
Too late or too soon- time never wins
Is this me or is this you?
No escape- barricaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment